ComWriter makes writing to academic standards easy with these 5 steps:
- If your favourite reference style isn’t Harvard (ComWriter includes Harvard as the default), then you can find your favourite Style and add it to My Styles (e.g., APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian).
- Add a few resources you already have (e.g., an authored book or journal article) using the Research tab.
- To get writing: Go to the Write tab an click Start a new project & fill out the form (remember to select your style), then click Start and the writing editor will open. In the writing editor add some existing writing (you can use cut-and-paste from Word) to see how the writing editor works (maybe grab some text from your last essay). Follow these steps:
– Add writing objects (e.g., a paragraph, a heading, a list)
– Enter text into writing objects
– Highlight some text to see the formatting menu
- Insert an in-text reference citation or add a reference into a footnote using the resource/s you added.
- After you create your first project return to the Write dashboard, and click the PDF export button and your project will be automatically formatted using the style you chose. The file will go into your downloads.