We are very, very pleased to announce that…
The ComWriter Beta is Now LIVE!
Please go to www.comwriter.com to register for FREE!
- create & edit projects
- add & manage resources
- find, maintain & apply styles
Visit our Support Desk
Log onto our Support Desk to look at:
- User Guides
- News and Announcements
- Enhancements planned
- Log a service request
Happy writing everyone,
Linda & the Team
Academic writing is good writing practice, but it is often misunderstood. The process is not sequential, but organic, and generally involves:
- searching for relevant literature; today via library databases
- designing research projects, especially, identifying the methodological approach; e.g., observation, capturing data, interviewing, examining specimens
- conducting research activities
- collaborating with peers (students, academics, industry peers) and supervisors
- examining research findings
- organising literature, methodology, and research findings to present a discussion of the research (in a thesis or paper)
- as a student: submitting work for examination
- as a research student: publishing work at conferences or in the press (e.g., journal articles), and submitting the thesis for examination
- as an academic: publishing work at conferences or in the press (e.g., journal articles)
Academic writing is difficult, and made more so because of the disparate, fragmented tools and old technology supporting the writing pipeline. The technology that supports the academic writing process is disparate, fragmented, and is, generally speaking, left to the independent researcher to organize. Thus, a significant amount of a researchers time is spent organising data and findings rather than actually researching and presenting their findings.ComWriter is the only writing platform designed for academic work. It will send the archaic concept of ‘word processor‘ straight to the trash where it belongs. ComWriter includes: an on-line library, fully-featured referencing capabilities, a personal resources database, modern writing tools, collaboration in the cloud, task management, smart lists and pre-defined style guides. Writing to academic standards has never been so efficient and easy. Students, academics and business people will finally be able to work smarter with ComWriter. We have more than 25 Universities on three continents already signed up for beta testing.
ComWriter Update – March, 2013
An update on the development of ComWriter Beta, our forums, and other news.
This is what the dashboard will look like for ComWriter: start new writing projects, monitor existing projects, collaborate with others. Beta due out in May, 2013