ComWriter makes writing to academic standards easy with these 5 steps:
- If your favourite reference style isn’t Harvard (ComWriter includes Harvard as the default), then you can find your favourite Style and add it to My Styles (e.g., APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian).
- Add a few resources you already have (e.g., an authored book or journal article) using the Research tab.
- To get writing: Go to the Write tab an click Start a new project & fill out the form (remember to select your style), then click Start and the writing editor will open. In the writing editor add some existing writing (you can use cut-and-paste from Word) to see how the writing editor works (maybe grab some text from your last essay). Follow these steps:
– Add writing objects (e.g., a paragraph, a heading, a list)
– Enter text into writing objects
– Highlight some text to see the formatting menu
- Insert an in-text reference citation or add a reference into a footnote using the resource/s you added.
- After you create your first project return to the Write dashboard, and click the PDF export button and your project will be automatically formatted using the style you chose. The file will go into your downloads.
Learn more in our forums or check out our videos on YouTube.
We have received feedback that ComWriter was a little confusing. So we have made a few changes to the Navigation bar and added some ? tips.
Our new navigation bar is more intuitive:
- Research: Add resources to cite in your projects
- Write: New projects or edit exiting ones
- Style: Find a style to automatically format your writing project
We have also added some tool tips to to explain some of our modern writing features.
ComWriter has been designed to make writing to academic standards easy.
ComposeRight now with ComWriter,
- write using modern tools
- structure or re-structure your writing in a flash
- style to academic standards; simply select your style and export (APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, Harvard)
- store your writing resources by filling out user-friendly forms
- attach files to resources
- add resources to projects
- collapse and expand sections to make working pleasurable
- share styles with friends and colleagues
- forget about formatting by letting the Styles do all the work AUTOMATICALLY
- export to PDF or Word
- take your writing with you in the cloud, just log on to www.comwriter.com
ComWriter is a one-stop writing platform
- collaborate on projects with others
- public library to automatically add bibliographic data
- templates to save your outlines
- store your glossary
What do you need to make ComWriter a comprehensive writing platform? Request a feature
More info required:
Today ComWriter released the much anticipated export to Word. Now users can create awesome looking writing projects and export either to PDF or Word.
ComWriter now enables export to PDF and MS Word
Dr Glassop explained that the export to Word was requested to enable students to submit their assignments to teachers and supervisors in that file type. She said “The rule of thumb before you export to Word, ‘Does it look good in the PDF?’ If yes, then it will look perfect in Word.” Users are advised to do any fine-tuning of formatting in ComWriter first, export to PDF to check that it looks the way they want it to, then export to Word to submit.
Fine-tuning could include:
- adding a blank line to move a heading down; this can be done by adding an empty paragraph
- changing the size of an image; this can be done by customizing the image
- inserting a page break
- altering the header or footnote; this can be done by customizing the Style being used to format the project
Minor editing can be done in Word, but that, of course, cannot be imported back into ComWriter.
If minor editing is required, Users are advised to:
- Check the Flipbook, which provides an introduction to using ComWriter
- Visit the YouTube channel to watch short instruction videos
- Consult the Forums, where a host of resources such as user guides and tips can be found
- Contact the Support Desk for advice: email@example.com
Writing with ComWriter makes it easy to add a bibliography by using Add Smart List. Watch this short video.
Creating a bibliography with ComWriter
Smart list markers
You can now attach multiple PDFs to your resources in ComWriter to keep all your research in the one place.
Attach PDF files to resources
ComWriter is a new cloud-based innovative writing tool for academics and students: write without thinking about formatting, store resources, insert references, and export your work to academic standards in a flash. The beta is now available at www.comwriter.com. So, log on and get writing!
Academic essay writing made easy with ComWriter.
A smart list is an automatically generated listing. Examples include: a table of contents, a list of images (figures, tables, etc.), a reference list (cited resources, non-cited resources or bibliography), or an endnote listing (instead of footnotes). In the writing editor simply Add Smart list and you never have to worry about updating it (ComWriter does it for you). When you export your writing project to a PDF, ComWriter creates the listing Automatically in the location where you placed the smart list, and will format it according to the Style you selected…now that is SMART!
Smart list markers